Friday 3 May 2013

The First Steps...

Today is the start of the rest of my life. Cliche, but there is no time like the present. My name is Zoe, I'm 20 years old and I am a second year history undergraduate student. Yes, before you ask, I have hardly any lectures and seminars, but I do still write the occasional essay. Outside of uni I enjoy getting fit, cooking, and socializing.

Here I am!
The purpose of this blog is to document my journey to fulfilling my latest ambition - hitting the bright lights of San Francisco. I want to pursue a career in marketing/social media/ technology, but as a typical student, my mind is constantly changing as I become bombarded with different ideas. Only last week I was going to set up a cake shop with my housemates (as I am passionate about fitness we also included an aerobics class at the back of the cafe for the cakes to be burnt off). The week before I was going to become a food critic, but I simply can't deal with trying to like mushrooms.

So - I have no idea what I'll be doing in three years time, but I am determined that my path will lead me to California. When there's a will, there's a way. I'd welcome any tips, advice and comments, and in return, I will listen to any prospective students who may want some advice. (This doesn't mean I am good at giving advice, it simply means that I understand the drama in a student house when nobody has done any washing up for three weeks!) I have also set up a twitter account for this blog - @pathtosanfran - so please follow and retweet!

Every journey has its twists and turns, and I know that this one will be especially convoluted. I will document this journey both in and out of term time, and in the months after uni. I look forward to you joining me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment