Friday 3 May 2013

My Partner in Crime...

There is somebody who I need to introduce you to. You didn't think I was going to migrate across to the other side of the world without a partner in crime did you? We are those annoying people who call each other hubby and wifey, and for those of you that watch 'How I met your mother,' lilypad and marshmallow. 
My Partner in crime! 

This is my housemate Laura, who was the inspiration behind our American Dream. American music, american TV shows, and even the American states on Sporcle - you name it, she knows it. As you can see, she is very hardworking:



Travelling together is going to have its inevitable ups and downs. We can share the process of getting there - applications, resumes, and interviews. When one of us chickens out, the other one can remind us why we want to do this, and what we hope to achieve. Nevertheless, it is going to take a huge amount of organization - apparently California is actually quite big, and so we need to ensure that we find jobs relatively close to one another and ones that start at a similar time. At least we can share the pains of rent, visas, and housing deposits together! I'd love to hear from you if you have moved abroad to work - did you travel alone? If you traveled to another country with somebody else how did you manage the logistics? If you have any advice or comments, leave them below!

We have had a fantastic couple of years at uni together, and I couldn't be more grateful that I have such a genuine, kind and funny person to see the world with!

Although this post may seem slightly random, I am hoping that this post will help you to get to know the people around me, which will hopefully make the blog more fun and interesting to read!

To practice my American accent, "I'll see y'all later!"

No comments:

Post a Comment