Saturday 4 May 2013

...Guilty Confession


Okay I admit it, I am completely addicted to food. I am a typical woman: I comfort eat cake, cure a hangover with pizza and perk myself up with coca cola. Nevertheless, the majority of my days are full of fibre, fruity smoothies and home made dinners. I think it is the student in me that decides that it is okay to have these guilty treats a little bit too often. Today is the day that I have decided to show off my naughty food secrets: 

Dryham Park hot chocolate
This hot chocolate was particularly special. Sourced at Dryham Park,  packed with enough marshmallows to outdo anybody in a chubby bunny competition, it probably contained enough calories for my entire week. But oh well, nobody knows what a calorie even is anyway...
Green's Cafe Bar & Bistro

This brownie on the right, came from Greens Cafe & Bistro in Grasmere, Cumbria. Perfectly moist, squishy and chocolatey. Hands down this has been the best brownie that I ever eaten. Trust me, I've comfort eaten many a brownie. To top things off, they even have a huge gluten free selection.

Purdey's Restaurant - Cumbria




Home made marshmallow, passion fruit coulis and mango sorbet, the memory of this dessert makes my mouth water uncontrollably. As you can see, I have become quite the little chubby bunny monster.

The picture below shows off today's naughty afternoon treat. Yet another fantastic chocolate brownie thanks to La Cremeria in York. Not only did we share a brownie, but a cheeky homemade waffle, freshly prepared vanilla ice cream and a taster of their new speciality gooseberry flavoured yoghurt. Lashings of chocolate sauce topped off this delightful combination. Quick word of advice though - don't have a mouthful of gooseberry frozen yoghurt followed by vanilla ice cream as it is a combination remarkably similar to orange juice and toothpaste. 
La Cremaria - York


 The ice cream sundae below is not just an ice cream sundae. In a voice-over similar to M&S, this is an ice cream sundae, with infinite scoops of ice cream; beautiful clusters of melt-in-your-mouth chocolate brownie; and perfectly plump profiteroles. This came from a very special pub to walkers in the Lake District. The only way to eat this is to unbutton your jeans, unleash the food baby and gobble it right up.

Ice Cream Sundae- Wainwrights, Langdale





Finally, it's time for my to show you my best attempt at creating an equally beautiful naughty treat. As a result of a shortage of butter icing combined with overexcited friends, we created our very own speciality: slug pops. We found that no other name described them quite so accurately, but you can't deny that this is the cutest slug pop you have ever seen! 

Slug Pops 







You might question how a post about cake is relevant on a blog which aims to follow my path to a career. Well, eating makes me happy, happiness makes me positive, and positivity will ultimately enable me to reach my goals. So yes, a post on cake is entirely justifiable! 

What about you? What have your silliest baking creations looked like? Which places do you recommend for the tastiest and most trouser popping treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment